A sentence using the word prolonged. Students, teachers, and those taking online classes might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use prolonged in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for prolonged.
- A delightful overture, masterfully executed; ended too soon; except that the programme forbids the ordinary interpretation of prolonged applause. (10)
- A stoppage in the tune, and a prolonged squeal of the instrument, gave the congregation below matter to speculate upon. (10)
- After a term of prolonged preachification he is compelled to lash that he may less despise the age. (10)
- But others of the sons and daughters of London were regretting her prolonged absence. (10)
- He had inherited the antipathy to the discussion of the money question, and fretted to find it unnecessarily prolonged. (10)
- He had the upward look in his eyes which prolonged suffering often brings. (8)
- Here the fight was prolonged, man to man. (9)
- I can imagine the qualities I have most pride in withering and decaying under a prolonged trial. (10)
- Laughs are more prolonged, and come from the depths. (10)
- Prolonged and louder it sounded, as deeper and heavier the deluge pressed. (10)
- Stuart Rem drew a prolonged breath into his nose. (10)
- The path wandered a while in the open, and then passed under a trellis like a bower indefinitely prolonged. (2)
- They were all standing in the hall together, and she prolonged the awkward pause while she examined the permit. (9)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for prolonged. Perhaps also see a sentence for pronunciation and ways to use preparation in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use prolonged in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.