Use promises in a sentence. Writers, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use promises in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for promises.
- Between kissings and promises of hens to feed, and eggs that were to come of it, I settled into contentment. (10)
- Every possibility of good was before me, and the first of blessings secured, in obtaining her promises of faith and correspondence. (4)
- He promises fairly; and I hope among different people, where they may each have a character to preserve, they will both be more prudent. (4)
- He promises to be a patron of Literature as well. (10)
- He knows it to be so, by his promises and messages; but if he wished to do it, it might be done. (4)
- I know not, and I care not, what promises were made to you, or in what spirit the laws of compulsory service were passed. (8)
- It is not perfect, but it promises to be so soon. (10)
- Milray had once before seemed very fond of her, and had afterwards forgotten the pretty promises and professions she had made her. (9)
- Nevil promises me a visit after his marriage. (10)
- She utters to Leonardo very pleasant promises indeed, if he will betray his friend. (10)
- The future of the Leightons promises no immediate change. (9)
- Then flew I back to the Princess, and she still puffing on the floor, commenced wheedling and begging the ring of me, stinting no promises. (10)
- There is a mixture of servility and self-importance in his letter, which promises well. (4)
- Thorpe talked to his horse, and she meditated, by turns, on broken promises and broken arches, phaetons and false hangings, Tilneys and trap-doors. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for promises. Perhaps also see a sentence for passport and ways to use presume in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use promises in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.