Sentence using the word refrain. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, and people who just like words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use refrain in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for refrain.
- Albeit Brookfield knew itself a student at Richford, Adela was of too impatient a wit to refrain from little ventures toward independence, if not rivalry. (10)
- But managed to refrain, and got up to go instead. (8)
- Fanny acknowledged her wishes and doubts on this point: she did not know how either to wear the cross, or to refrain from wearing it. (4)
- Fanny, not able to refrain entirely from observing them, had seen enough to be tolerably satisfied. (4)
- He saw the whole thing now so plainly, and really could not refrain from a certain admiration. (8)
- Kenton could not refrain from asking her. (9)
- So unless I have further orders from you I refrain from going. (10)
- The Italians present, one and all, rose up reverently and murmured the refrain. (10)
- To know so much, to suffer, and still to refrain, flattered his pride. (10)
- We refrain from noticing her until we have turned twice. (10)
- Weisspriess did not refrain from declaring on the way that he would rather charge against a battery. (10)
- Why did she refrain? (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for refrain. Perhaps also see a sentence for regrets and ways to use reconcile in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use refrain in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.