Roofs sentence example. Writers, word game players, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use roofs in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for roofs.
- A bank of clouds, gray-white, was rising just above the red-tiled roofs, but the sun still shone brightly. (8)
- At one of the innumerable windows, you watch a figure moving; on one of the multitude of roofs, you watch clambering chimney-sweeps. (2)
- But he could not sleep, and sat for a long time at his window, huddled in an overcoat, watching the moonlight on the roofs. (8)
- I seemed to rise right above the roofs of London, beneath which I had been but a wandering atom a few minutes ago. (10)
- On the other side of the valley a group of red roofs and a belfry showed among the foliage. (2)
- So he walks on and on, resting comfortably at nights under the roofs that have been raised to shelter him, by those who went before. (8)
- The outlines of dark walls and roofs were blurred for a moment, then came out sharper than before. (8)
- The shadows of the clouds passing across the vines were vanishing over the jumbled roofs and green-topped spires of the town. (8)
- Those sinister tongues were licking at the air over a large barn, some ricks, and the roofs of stables and outbuildings. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for roofs. Perhaps also see a sentence for root and ways to use robin in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use roofs in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.