How do you use scorned in a sentence. Journalists, spelling bee organizers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use scorned in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for scorned.
- Fleetwood knew it, and he scorned to solicit them; an exaction of their idle vows would be merely the humiliation of himself. (10)
- He dwelt sharply on his vice of ambition, and scorned it as a misleading light. (10)
- Hence, she scorned Louisa on account of her late behaviour toward her dead parent. (10)
- Invitation or challenge or response from the handsomest he would have scorned just then. (10)
- She burned to be interrogated, to have to weep, to be scorned, abused, and forgiven, that she might say she did not deserve pardon. (10)
- There you might read how the wood-cutter gloried in his axe, and the gardener scorned to be ashamed of his spade. (2)
- When the abbess returned the money to him, he could not help perceiving that she was no beggar and scorned to be his debtor. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for scorned. Perhaps also see a sentence for skepsey and ways to use scatter in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use scorned in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.