Use the word sharpened in a sentence. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, & those learning a new language may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use sharpened in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sharpened.
- A certain eagerness of her own in speaking of it sharpened her clear features as if they were cutting through derision. (10)
- A smell of a trap-hatch, half-open, afflicted and sharpened him. (10)
- Bennet, whose dislike of his general behaviour was sharpened into particular resentment by his having slighted one of her daughters. (4)
- But his experience as an author had not been very great, and such as it was it had hardened and sharpened him. (9)
- Even the smallest things appeared perfectly clear to his sharpened eyes, and yet he seemed to see them as if reflected in a brilliant mirror. (5)
- He sharpened his mouth. (10)
- He has sharpened, but he has narrowed; his sagacity has turned into suspicion, his caution to meanness, his courage to ferocity. (9)
- Her astute self-compression sharpened Willoughby as much as it mortified and terrified him. (10)
- Her passions sharpened her instincts, which produced her actions. (10)
- His mouth sharpened its line while he tried arts and energies on the refractory window. (10)
- Secretly in her bosom it was sharpened to a slight hostility by the knowledge that her mind had been straying. (10)
- The fleeing of so important a man looked vile, now that they were sharpened by new eagerness. (10)
- The influences environing her and pressing her to submission sharpened her perusal of the small object largely endowed by circumstances to demand it. (10)
- The sun in the valley sharpened his beams on squares of buttercups, and made a pond a diamond. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sharpened. Perhaps also see a sentence for strict and ways to use shawl in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sharpened in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.