Sentences with shells in them. Writers, readers, & those learning a new language might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use shells in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for shells.
- Angular bits of iron, concavo-convex, sticking in the sides of muddy depressions, showed where shells had exploded in their furrows. (7)
- Before us ran the turbulent river, vexed with plunging shells and obscured in spots by blue sheets of low-lying smoke. (7)
- Files of egg-cups with disintegrated shells bore witness to it, and they were still at work, hardly talking from rapidity of exercise. (10)
- For they were engaged in inventing a new powder for howitzer shells, of tremendous explosive power. (10)
- Over and about that hardy piece the shells exploded at intervals of a few seconds. (1)
- The arrest of development in these shells is characteristic of everything about the place. (9)
- Then he looked up; the sky was blue beyond the brownish film of dust raised by the striking shells. (8)
- There were deep, shaking explosions and smart shocks; the whisper of stray bullets and the hurtle of conical shells; the rush of round shot. (7)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for shells. Perhaps also see a sentence for sort and ways to use shorter in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use shells in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.