Sentences with sheltered in them. Writers, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use sheltered in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sheltered.
- A hut full of recent grass-cuttings, on the border of a sloping wood, sheltered them. (10)
- At one point in the road where the sun fell upon some young pines in a sheltered spot a balsamic odor exhaled from them. (9)
- Even in that sheltered, wooded valley it was very cold this winter. (8)
- He got up at last, scaled the low rock-cliff, and made his way down into a sheltered cove. (8)
- It seemed to him that people must think his life idle and sheltered and useless. (8)
- Lavender fastened them, as it seemed to his anxious listeners, on the tree which sheltered them. (8)
- Long ago, this sheltered field was purchased by the Edinburgh magistrates for the sake of the springs that rise or gather there. (2)
- She descended upon a sheltered pathway running along a ditch, the border of pastures where cattle cropped, raised heads, and resumed their one comforting occupation. (10)
- The sun-blinds were down, and Holly was there with Mademoiselle Beauce, sheltered from the heat of a stifling July day, attending to their silkworms. (8)
- The walk being here less sheltered than on the other side, allowed them to see him before they met. (4)
- Wounded by his audacious irreverence toward the walls behind which his beloved was sheltered, Wilfrid crossed and stared at the intruder. (10)
- You see but the mask of faces: my father was sheltered from that. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sheltered. Perhaps also see a sentence for spartan and ways to use shrewdness in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sheltered in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.