Shield example sentences. Those in an MBA program, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use shield in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for shield.
- A poor feast, she was yet a fortress, a point of succour, both shield and lance; a cover and an impetus. (10)
- Anxious to shield her from the lacquey, she sent the two little ones up to her with small bits of money. (10)
- Clara saw herself without a shield. (10)
- However, he pitied her, and that protected him like a shield. (10)
- I was obliged to offer up my father as a shield for Ottilia, lest false ideas should tarnish the image of her in their minds. (10)
- In the foreground it shines hard as the lines of an irradiated Cellini shield. (10)
- My father had to shield him from the consequences. (10)
- She fancied she had put on proof-armour, unconscious that it was the turning of the inward flutterer to steel, which supplied her cuirass and shield. (10)
- Show that he did it to shield his intriguing sister. (10)
- The Countess, too, was a dazzling shield to her brother. (10)
- Then Fran Schurstab was to serve as a shield. (5)
- Thought of gain, and the bent to pursue it, is the shield of Athene over young men in the press of the seductions. (10)
- We do not want the shield of any family; it is the situation that wants it; Nataly ought to be awake to the fact. (10)
- We raise the shield against the cowardly bully which the laws have raised against the bloody one. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for shield. Perhaps also see a sentence for sensation and ways to use shape in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use shield in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.