A sentence using the word shifting. Writers, word game players, & those learning a new language may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use shifting in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for shifting.
- An unarmed spectator upon the meadow-borders, Beppo, had but obscure glimpses of scenes shifting like a sky in advance of hurricane winds. (10)
- As the restless shifting of colours to her motions was the constant interchange of her semisorrowful manner and ready archness. (10)
- At the far end of the barn, close by the doors, I stood a minute or two before shifting up to watch the shearing. (8)
- For him it burned, and it was a celestial radiance about her, unquenched by her shifting fortunes, her wilfulnesses and, it might be, errors. (10)
- He bent himself at the waist, shifting his legs from side to side. (1)
- My Winter and Summer were the moods of my mind constantly shifting. (10)
- One has the feeling of the house crumbling when a man is perpetually for shifting and cannot fix himself. (10)
- Pale and shiny, with large loose eyes shifting from side to side, he had an underdone voice and uneasy flabby hands. (8)
- Shifting his position, his eyes fell upon some outbuildings which had an oddly familiar appearance, as if he had dreamed of them. (1)
- The light was both livid and shifting; but it cut me off from the universe, and doubled the darkness of the surrounding night. (2)
- There was no light anywhere, nor any shifting blur of white at her window below. (8)
- With his weight, his perfectly parted hair, and bull-like gaze, he was a guarantee that the old order would take some shifting yet. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for shifting. Perhaps also see a sentence for subsequently and ways to use shut in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use shifting in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.