Sentence using the word sickly. Journalists, readers, and those taking online classes may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use sickly in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sickly.
- Are there some sickly locust-trees there that cast a tremulous and decrepit shade upon the mangy grass-plots? (9)
- For a woman, the blood spilt is sickly and poor, and nourishes nothing. (10)
- He recovered himself with a sickly smile, bowed, and went out. (8)
- Here, its power was only a glare: a stifling, sickly glare, serving but to bring forward stains and dirt that might otherwise have slept. (4)
- How often had Emma bewailed to her that the most, grievous burden of her malady was her fatal tendency to brood sickly upon human complications! (10)
- It was altogether mixed pickles within him, hot and sickly pickles, and he became quite unlike his serene and rather lordly self. (8)
- May be she is ill in town; nothing in the world more likely, for I have a notion she is always rather sickly. (4)
- Shrieking in it is an annoyance to the inmates, nonsensical; weeping is a sickly business. (10)
- So, the darkness closed her about; the sickly gas-lamps of the street showing her as a shrouded body. (10)
- That she is old and sickly. (4)
- The wave of wide extension rolled and sank and rose, heaving lifeless variations of the sickly streaks on its dull green back. (10)
- When the handkerchief was caught away, his jaw was shuddering, his eyes were sickly; he looked as if impaled on the prongs of fright. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sickly. Perhaps also see a sentence for shyness and ways to use singular in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sickly in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.