Examples of slain sentences. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use slain in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for slain.
- And in a giant are various giants to be slain, or thoroughly subdued, ere this divinity is taken for leader. (10)
- But it was mournful to hear how sorry Great Will was over the animal he had slain. (10)
- Clelia Guidascarpi, according to his statement, had first been slain by her brothers. (10)
- Did they lie here in ranks and heaps, the miserable slain, for whom tender hearts away yonder over the sea were to ache and break? (9)
- I have, I suppose, boasted of, Python slain, and Cupid has touched me up with an arrow. (10)
- Imagine the behaviour of people round a slain tiger that does not compel them to fly, and may yet stretch out a dreadful paw! (10)
- It looked as if those few rifle-shots had slain ten thousand men. (1)
- The Morsfields were not all slain. (10)
- The defenders had heaped all the slain who were lying near, in order, from that rampart, to fire over at their assailants. (9)
- They have slain Count Paul Lenkenstein, and rushed to old Milan for work, with the blood on their swords. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for slain. Perhaps also see a sentence for spy and ways to use slaughter in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use slain in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.