Sentences for smoothing. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use smoothing in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for smoothing.
- A nurse was at the pillow smoothing it. (10)
- Agostino began smoothing his beard. (10)
- And when she had gone he went back to his chair, and sat there smoothing his face and chin, dreaming over the day. (8)
- He likes my hair, she said, smoothing it out, and then pressing her temples, like one insane. (10)
- How can I describe him to you, standing there, smoothing the barrel with his fingers! (8)
- Lawrence laid her smoothing hand absently on a frill of lace fichu above a sternly disciplined bosom at half-heave. (10)
- She dropped a shawl on Ripton and was settled, smoothing her agitation when her visitor was announced. (10)
- She put away her hat and shawl, and stood before the glass, smoothing her hair. (9)
- She was dressed, and sat before the glass, smoothing her hair, and applying the contents of a pot of cold cream to her forehead between-whiles. (10)
- Smoothing dawn his mottled grey beard with quieting hands, he took refuge in his habitual sententious irony. (10)
- Smoothing his clean square chin and thick moustache hastily, with outspread thumb and fingers, he implored them to spare his nerves. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for smoothing. Perhaps also see a sentence for swells and ways to use smallest in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use smoothing in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.