Sentence with word smothering. Those in an MBA program, people who enjoy word games, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use smothering in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for smothering.
- He bethought him of various means of stopping the telegraph and smothering the tale, if matters should have touched the worst here. (10)
- She crept downstairs, smothering her footsteps. (8)
- Smothering his footsteps, he made for the outer hall. (8)
- Still holding that hand before his mouth, and smothering the sound of his feet in the long grass, he crept away. (8)
- The smothering of them from sight set them sounding he had to listen. (10)
- There, people hush their voices over Burke and Hare; over drugs and violated graves, and the resurrection-men smothering their victims with their knees. (2)
- To Matilda Pridden, his tales were barely decently the flesh and the devil smothering a holy occasion to penetrate and exhort. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for smothering. Perhaps also see a sentence for stifle and ways to use smouldering in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use smothering in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.