Use the word sphinx in a sentence. ESL students, people who enjoy word games, & those learning a new language may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use sphinx in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for sphinx.
- And Nedda sat with hands tight clenched in her lap, motionless as a young crouching sphinx. (8)
- His appearance was that of a man to whom the sphinx has whispered. (10)
- His face was as inscrutable as that of the sphinx. (1)
- The Sphinx mouth of the married woman at war and at bay must be left unriddled. (10)
- They must take Lord Ormont for a perfect sphinx; unless they are so silly as to think they may despise him, or suppose him indifferent. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for sphinx. Perhaps also see a sentence for strict and ways to use sparing in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use sphinx in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.