Use stops in a sentence. College students, teachers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use stops in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stops.
- After that he stops at all the openings in the hedge; one day, with a beating heart, he tries one. (8)
- Besides, nobody stops and talks a bit at these things. (9)
- He stops at the door. (8)
- I have been obliged to order him not to call me Ricky for he stops short at Rick so that everybody knows what he means. (10)
- I know very well Everard Romfrey will see where the point of likeness between them stops. (10)
- Lucy stops on the landing where there is an old clock eccentrically correct that night. (10)
- She begins again brushing her hair, then stops, and taking a packet of letters from a drawer of her dressing-table, reads. (8)
- She finishes, and stops. (8)
- That generally stops it. (10)
- Then they stepped into the moonlight again, and heard only the solemn organ stops of the cataract. (9)
- You ought to know he stops at no trifle to get his advantage over you in a dispute. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stops. Perhaps also see a sentence for screen and ways to use stamping in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stops in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.