Sentences with stray in them. ESL students, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use stray in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for stray.
- A brisk renewal of the firing broke out and stray bullets came flitting and droning by. (1)
- Again they let the talk stray, and then it was he who brought it back to themselves, as if it had not left them. (9)
- He told her that he had explored the country as far as he had dared to stray from her. (10)
- In the stony niche crouched a stray cat watching the twittering sparrows. (8)
- She wavered, as a stray floating thing detached from an eddy whirls and passes on the flood. (10)
- Take care no more writers stray in. (8)
- The stray beam balefully illuminating her marriage slipped from her involuntarily. (10)
- The rebels are gone and some of our fellows are sure to stray out here foraging. (1)
- The upper sky swam with violet; and in a moment each stray cloud-feather was edged with rose, and then suffused. (10)
- There were deep, shaking explosions and smart shocks; the whisper of stray bullets and the hurtle of conical shells; the rush of round shot. (7)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for stray. Perhaps also see a sentence for sour and ways to use step in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use stray in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.