Sentences with strove. University students, spelling bee organizers, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use strove in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for strove.
- At the same time Wilfrid strove forward, with the frown of one still bent listening, and he and Pericles were face to face. (10)
- He strove against it; and as his nature ever unconsciously rejected that which it could not with safety accept, so gradually he overcame this fear. (8)
- He strove for some time patiently, to catch her eye, for she was so situated as to permit of this, but without success. (6)
- He pitied, and strove to be sensible of her. (10)
- Innumerable things she was ready to say, and strove to; the words would not form on her lips. (10)
- Powys the aberrations of the divinely-gifted voice, the wreck which Vittoria strove to become, and from which he alone was striving to rescue her. (10)
- She seemed to know all sorts of nice people, and she strove with generous hospitality to make him have a good time. (9)
- Still, I strove toward that. (10)
- The happy man objected, Brayder continued urgent, the lady tenderly insisted, the happy man grimaced, dropped into the post of honour, strove to look placable. (10)
- The idea that the Tinleys strove to catch at her skirts made Arabella spiteful. (10)
- They strove to rise to their feet, but fell prone in the attempt. (1)
- They strove to understand why the field was marked with blocks of men who made a plume of vapour here, and hurried thither. (10)
- Toward which one it strove I know not; it was blind and stormy as the night. (10)
- Wilfrid strove to dissociate his recollection of clear daylight from the pressure of the hideous featureless time surrounding him. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for strove. Perhaps also see a sentence for socially and ways to use strong in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use strove in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.