Sentences using the word tempered. University students, word game players, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use tempered in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for tempered.
- And it was now tempered by a fit of alarm that I renewed my search. (10)
- Bromfield Corey liked his son Tom for the gentleness which tempered his energy. (9)
- He thought it a very degrading alliance; and Lady Russell, though with more tempered and pardonable pride, received it as a most unfortunate one. (4)
- I could indicate forcibly, because I felt, the clear-judging brain and tempered self-command whereby Ottilia had gained her decision. (10)
- It consisted of crusts of bread soaked in hot water and tempered with salt, pepper, onion, and a touch of butter. (8)
- My next two minutes alone with Janet were tempered by it. (10)
- Rhoda, with a sign, tempered him to muteness, and the three eyed one another. (10)
- Rosamund tempered her report of Renee by saying of her, that she was very quiet. (10)
- She is pretty, and she is good tempered, and that is all. (4)
- She stood calmly discoursing, with a tempered smile: no longer a novice in the social manner. (10)
- Tempered by beauty, the robust frame showed that she possessed a royal nature, and could, as a foremost qualification for Art, feel harmoniously. (10)
- The father and the mother had witnessed with tempered satisfaction the interest which seemed to be growing up between Ellen and the young minister. (9)
- The heat was tempered by a cool breeze that came with scents of thyme. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for tempered. Perhaps also see a sentence for three-and-twenty and ways to use tempest in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use tempered in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.