How do you use torches in a sentence. College students, readers, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use torches in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for torches.
- All shots had ceased; the streets were lighted with torches and hand-lamps; barricades were up everywhere, like a convulsion of the earth. (10)
- He blew an alarm-call, when up sprang a hundred torches. (10)
- One of the torches threw its light full on his manly face. (5)
- The lights were torches and lanterns; the occupation of the boats moving in couples was the dragging for the dead. (10)
- The night air of a sharp season obliged us to keep active, yet we were not willing to get far away from the torches. (10)
- The tower we had marked after sunset was close above us, shining in a light of torches. (10)
- There was a stir of lamps and torches below, and the low sky hung red. (10)
- You might take them for mystical streaming torches on the border-ground between vision and fancy. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for torches. Perhaps also see a sentence for thyme and ways to use tooth in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use torches in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.