Sentences using the word upturned. Students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use upturned in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for upturned.
- Dawney was standing below them with an amused expression on his upturned face. (8)
- From the upturned earth, where there ought to have been troops of strutting crows, a few sombre ravens rose. (9)
- He could feel, absolutely feel, the last reel and stagger of that great bulk crashing down, dragging him with it, till it lay upturned, still. (8)
- He looked back from the bend, and could still make out Antonia riding leisurely, her face upturned, and revelling in the shower. (8)
- Tearing the gardenia from her breast, she flung it on to his upturned face. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for upturned. Perhaps also see a sentence for unfailing and ways to use up-stairs in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use upturned in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.