Sentences with vainly in them. ESL students, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use vainly in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for vainly.
- A little cheering was tried on him, but vainly. (10)
- Her friend Emma probed for the reason vainly. (10)
- March confided to him his secret trouble as to tips, and they tried vainly to enlighten each other as to what a just tip was. (9)
- She felt like one vainly trying to fly in hearing him; she felt old. (10)
- She tried to stop him; but vainly; he would go on, and say it all. (4)
- So Dietel found room, and, after vainly looking for Kuni among the others, gazed out at the starlit sky. (5)
- Vainly, as becomes a candid country lass, blue-eyed Susan tells him that she is but a poor dairymaid. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for vainly. Perhaps also see a sentence for victory and ways to use vanishes in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use vainly in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.