How to use willows in a sentence. College students, word game players, and those taking online classes might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use willows in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for willows.
- A robin twittered in the willows; a leaf fell on her bare ankle. (8)
- And still on and on in the moonlight that haunted through the willows. (8)
- At the bottom of the field was a little pond overhung with willows. (8)
- Birds seemed to shun this gloom, but a single magpie crossed the one little clear patch of sky, and flew low behind the willows. (8)
- From the stubbles and second crops of sun-baked clover puffs of warm air kept stealing up into the chillier air beneath the willows. (8)
- I came at last to the river bank with its fringe of trees and willows and canes. (7)
- It gave him something else to look at besides clay banks and willows. (2)
- It looked so different, bare and shorn, under the light grey sky; the willows were all polled, the reeds cut down. (8)
- Reeds and willows bordered the stream; and cattle and grey venerable horses came and hung their mild heads over the embankment. (2)
- The click and swish blended with the rustle of the willows and the poplars, and the cooing of a wood-pigeon, in a true river song. (8)
- The water was yellow and turbulent, swung with an angry eddy among half-submerged willows, and made an angry clatter along stony shores. (2)
- Turning abruptly from this point, our guide led us, by a narrow and steep path, into a little glen, planted with poplar and willows. (6)
- Willows implied water, and snatching up a camp-kettle I started forward without taking the trouble to put on my coat and hat. (7)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for willows. Perhaps also see a sentence for whirlwind and ways to use win in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use willows in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.