A sentence using the word withered. Writers, word game players, & those learning a new language may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use withered in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for withered.
- All the gold had withered out of the sky, and the balloon had disappeared. (2)
- Along the top lay a spray of withered forceythia. (9)
- Daily many times he reached to her and lost her, had her in his arms and his arms withered with emptiness. (10)
- Great English names of young days, before the wintry shadow of the Law had blighted them, received their withered laurels. (10)
- Indeed they did not figure at all, they shrank, they withered, they were husks, together with the others for whom she had known passing weaknesses. (8)
- It left you bare, like those trees when they lost their leaves; barer and barer until you, too, withered and came down. (8)
- Not only his blossoms withered, his being seemed to draw in its shoots and twigs. (10)
- The eyes were rather dull now, and the mouth was a little withered. (9)
- The flush that had swept across the school withered to a dry recollection, except when on one of their Sunday afternoons she fanned the desert. (10)
- The portrayal of his withered visage to Lady Dunstane had quite failed to gain a show of sympathy. (10)
- Then he perceived in dimmest fashion that possibly a chance had come to ripeness, withered, and fallen, within the late scoffing seconds of time. (10)
- Through the flowers the sun flicked her parted lips with kisses, and spilled the withered petals on her. (8)
- You may indeed imagine grief in the very rock that sees its flower fading to the withered shred. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for withered. Perhaps also see a sentence for wording and ways to use wilfulness in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use withered in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.