Worsted in a sample sentence. ESL students, word game players, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially like this page. The lines of text below use worsted in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for worsted.
- Flesh may worry, but is sure to be worsted in such an argument. (10)
- He attempts French with Madame de R., and amuses her a little: a silver foot and a ball of worsted. (10)
- He did not wonder to see the signora acknowledge herself worsted in the conflict. (10)
- I settle myself, and I receive a worsted ball in my face, and I am expected to return it. (10)
- In my opinion, when we cross our swords I stand a fair chance of not being worsted. (10)
- She remembered those little burning eyes, which had frightened her so the night he dined at Worsted Skeynes and fell out of his dogcart afterwards. (8)
- The Rector of Worsted Skeynes saw, too, that her eyes were closed, her lips parted. (8)
- The Rector of Worsted Skeynes was not tall, and his head had been rendered somewhat bald by thought. (8)
- The Squire came out on the top of the rise, and all Worsted Scotton was in sight. (8)
- The absence of guests made little difference to a ceremony esteemed at Worsted Skeynes the crowning blessing of the day. (8)
- The cloud that had hung over Worsted Skeynes so long had spent itself and gone. (8)
- The stable-bell at Worsted Skeynes began to ring. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for worsted. Perhaps also see a sentence for wedding-ring and ways to use worst in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use worsted in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.