Use yard in a sentence. Students, teachers, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use yard in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for yard.
- Along the sidewalks dusty hacks and carriages were ranged, and others were driving up to let people dismount at the entrances to the college yard. (9)
- An inexplicable terror seized on him; he ran across the yard and jumped into his carriage. (8)
- Even into that back yard, summer had crept. (8)
- I looked to the far side of the yard for an explanation, but there was nothing there to account for it. (6)
- In the yard of the inn his driver was harnessing the horses; Swithin went up to him. (8)
- Many of the ears were a yard out of reach. (7)
- Over the high-walled yard, the barns, the moon-white porch, dusk had brushed its velvet. (8)
- Passed me in the yard like a stone. (8)
- Presently, within a yard of the dark balcony, his wife and Bosinney passed. (8)
- She had swayed back, and stood about a yard away. (8)
- The bull and Barbara, a yard or two apart, were just the other side. (8)
- They stand about a yard apart, and banding their faces towards each other, kiss on the lips. (8)
- Two lean fellows, rather alike, with lined faces and bitten, drooped moustaches, were the next to come through the yard gate. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for yard. Perhaps also see a sentence for yates and ways to use yards in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use yard in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.