Airs in a sample sentence. ESL students, teachers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use airs in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for airs.
- But it will be long before criticism ceases to imagine itself a controlling force, to give itself airs of sovereignty, and to issue decrees. (9)
- General Ople was the hero to champion a lady whose airs of haughtiness caused her to be somewhat backbitten. (10)
- His autocrat airs can be forgiven to a man who so profoundly respects his word. (10)
- I fancied his airs and stiffness were put on; thought I saw him burning true behind it. (10)
- Just now, it began to play a pot pourri of American airs; at the end some unseen Americans under the trees below clapped and cheered. (9)
- Laugh away and show yet airs! (10)
- She felt in herself a satiety, a fatigue, in which his good looks, his invented airs and poses, his real trouble, were all alike repulsive. (9)
- The party walked round the Gardens unmolested nor have we grounds for supposing they assumed airs of state in the style of a previous generation. (10)
- These had already mounted to the royal box, and they stood there while the orchestra played one of the Dutch national airs. (9)
- They give themselves such airs. (4)
- Two young men, glancing as they walked by arm in arm, pronounced the name of the great enchantress, and hummed one of her triumphant airs. (10)
- You have only to get far enough out of your beat, and all your accomplished airs will go for nothing. (2)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for airs. Perhaps also see a sentence for afresh and ways to use aim in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use airs in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.