Sentence with word anchor. English majors, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially like this page. The lines of text below use anchor in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for anchor.
- Above green-flashing plunges of a weir, and shaken by the thunder below, lilies, golden and white, were swaying at anchor among the reeds. (10)
- But no; there she lay, rolling and pitching in such a way that, even at anchor, they could not stand on the deck without holding. (6)
- Every one waited on foot while the tender came out into the stream where the Norumbia had dropped anchor. (9)
- He pulled out to where the boat lay tilting at anchor, and held the dory alongside by the gunwale that she might step aboard. (9)
- Her senses had lain as under a charm, with heart at anchor and a mind free to work. (10)
- I would cast anchor by him. (10)
- Lander realized when the ship came to anchor in the stream at Liverpool that she had not been seasick a moment during the voyage. (9)
- Maynard pointed to a little craft just coming to anchor inside the reef. (9)
- The morning came veiled in a fog that kept the shipping at anchor through the day; but the next night the weather cleared. (9)
- The trading proas of the Stronagu are permitted to enter certain ports, but when one arrives she must anchor at a little distance from shore. (7)
- To think of her at anchor in cold light was like flinging-to a door in the face of happiness. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for anchor. Perhaps also see a sentence for arid and ways to use ants in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use anchor in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.