Anecdote in a sample sentence. Those in an MBA program, people who enjoy word games, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use anecdote in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for anecdote.
- A year, at the most two years, later you might have tramped all that country over and not heard one anecdote. (2)
- Adrian had beside him the demure one who had stopped the circulation of his anecdote. (10)
- An anecdote of immediate diversion was wanted, expected: and Fenellan sat stupidly speculating upon whether the doctor knew of a cupboard locked. (10)
- But if the anecdote had supported him, Sullivan Smith would have let the expletive rest. (10)
- Now and then at these times he brought out a faded Italian anecdote, faintly smelling of civet, and threadbare in its ancient texture. (9)
- The anecdote offers an illustration of character, or records a moment of action; the novella embodies a drama and develops a type. (9)
- The anecdote was humorous. (8)
- The anecdote was of the character of an apologue, and pertained to game. (10)
- The fat man did not answer; he had begun an anecdote, and in his broad expanse of face his tiny mouth writhed like a caterpillar. (8)
- They could describe an entertainment with accuracy, relate an anecdote with humour, and laugh at their acquaintance with spirit. (4)
- Vernon was brief, Corney had not let fly a single anecdote, he said, and lighted his candle. (10)
- When stirred, he bubbled with anecdote. (10)
- Whitmonby was favoured with an anecdote, to be read as an apologue by the light of subsequent events. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for anecdote. Perhaps also see a sentence for after and ways to use annette in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use anecdote in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.