Use august in a sentence. College students, teachers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use august in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for august.
- Four-and-twenty hours had never passed before, since August began, without bringing them together in some way or other. (4)
- Here couples still lingered on benches along the river-bank, happy in the warm night, under the August moon! (8)
- In Pall Mall, past those august dwellings, to enter which people paid sixty pounds, this shrieking, whistling, dancing dervish of a crowd was swarming. (8)
- It slumbered as if with the sleep of centuries-austere, august. (9)
- It was August Bank Holiday, and they had gone out on to the heath together to see the people wonderfully assembled. (8)
- Its commons and woods had remained unscorched, so that the retired had not to any extent deserted it, that August, for the sea. (8)
- John Knightley were to come down in August, and she was invited to remain till they could bring her back. (4)
- On August the fourth he insisted that he was well and must go back home. (8)
- She took it up again and carried it into her own room, when she went with August to summon her father back to his. (9)
- The decisions of this august and learned jurist were always read aloud by the clerk, and a copy supplied to the counsel on each side. (7)
- The minds of these august and solitary men have not yet been sounded; they are too distant. (10)
- They stay at the shore through July, and then they come here in August, and stay till the leaves turn. (9)
- To wash up in August became for Noel a process which taxed her strength and enthusiasm. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for august. Perhaps also see a sentence for accused and ways to use auction in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use august in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.