Sentences with battered in them. Writers, readers, & those learning a new language might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use battered in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for battered.
- Absolutely like the first bird I shot as a youngster, and stood over the battered head and bloody feathers, wondering! (10)
- But he could only feel-confused and battered feelings, with now and then odd throbs of pleasure of which he was ashamed. (8)
- He battered his guitar on their pates till the lattice opened with a cry, and startled them to flight. (10)
- How can Philosophy minister to raw wounds, when we are in a rageing gale of the vexations, battered to right and left! (10)
- It was the head of one of the bargefaced men of the British Isles, broad, and battered flattish, with sentinel eyes. (10)
- Some of the barricades fronting the city gates had been battered down by nightfall; they were restored within an hour. (10)
- The battered brigade away to the rear pulled itself together. (7)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for battered. Perhaps also see a sentence for bluebells and ways to use baleful in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use battered in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.