Clinched example sentence. English majors, readers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use clinched in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for clinched.
- Each apostle based her claim on the superior virtue and attainments of her clergy, and clinched the business with a threat of hell-fire. (2)
- Gyp, who had clinched her hands under the bedclothes, fixed her eyes on the window. (8)
- He had often thought, since, that it had clinched their union. (8)
- It was this deliberate evasion of all contact which probably clinched the business. (8)
- Many a table, too, groaned under blows from the clinched fist of some excited reveller. (5)
- She clinched her argument by confessing that her own engagement had been broken off, and that it had simply renewed itself. (9)
- The reading of that cablegram, with its disquieting reality, clinched the matter. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for clinched. Perhaps also see a sentence for chill and ways to use clumps in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use clinched in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.