Sentences for columns. Journalists, people who enjoy word games, & those learning a new language may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use columns in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for columns.
- Away down there the darkness crept over the Church, till the pews, the altar-all was invisible, save the columns; and the walls. (8)
- But daily he bought a newspaper, and feverishly, furtively scanned its columns. (8)
- But these are not reporting columns; very little of it shall trouble them. (10)
- He came to a standstill between the columns of the doorway into the inner court, and held out his cane inquiringly. (8)
- He quickly lifted the heavy leather curtains between the columns into the inner court. (8)
- His bards flung out their breezy columns, reverentially monarchial. (10)
- On one of the columns he thought he discerned the figure of a weeping woman, and this made his eyes fill with tears again. (5)
- She sat sketching, her father devouring newspaper columns. (10)
- The Legitimists, the Moderates, and the Republicans are to proclaim themselves in its columns in prose, poetry, and hotch-potch. (10)
- The arid soil steamed; the white powder-smoke curled in long horizontal columns across the hazy ring of the fight. (10)
- The fire of a mind was translucent in Press columns where our public had been accustomed to the rhetoric of primed scribes. (10)
- The tall bare pine stems rose up all round like columns in a temple roofed with the dark boughs and sky. (8)
- This court, encircled by a gallery on the upper floor, was roofed with a glass roof, supported by eight columns running up from the ground. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for columns. Perhaps also see a sentence for candlesticks and ways to use costumes in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use columns in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.