Sentences using the word compass. University students, word game players, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words may find this page particularly useful. The lines of text below use compass in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for compass.
- All that was plain sailing enough, but beyond this lay a sea of conjecture in which he found himself without helm or compass. (9)
- As the carcass invites the vulture, this prostrate land drew adventurers from all points of the compass. (7)
- His little world swung half around; the points of the compass were reversed. (1)
- I am in no haste to compass the end of these good people, whom I find in the mean time very amusing. (9)
- If he cannot rely on definite values of property, his compass is amiss; he is adrift upon bitter waters without a helm. (8)
- If it is a cloudy day they are ignorant even of the points of the compass. (7)
- If one usurps more than his allowance of elbow-room, bring your charge against them that fashioned him: work away to arrive at some compass yourself. (10)
- She felt herself as a ship sailing into perilous waters, without compass. (10)
- Thereupon she sent messengers towards all points of the compass to seek him. (5)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for compass. Perhaps also see a sentence for clinked and ways to use countrymen in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use compass in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.