Examples of compel sentences. Writers, spelling bee organizers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use compel in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for compel.
- A clear, simple and just code would deprive them of their means of livelihood and compel them to seek some honest employment. (7)
- But if you compel me to a choice in the matter, then I say, give me the busiest part of Broadway for a sun-stroke. (9)
- Her first measure was to compel Sir Franks to put down his book. (10)
- Imagine the behaviour of people round a slain tiger that does not compel them to fly, and may yet stretch out a dreadful paw! (10)
- John Raikes; but we know that very stiff young gentlemen betray monkey-minds when sweet young ladies compel them to disport. (10)
- The cruellest thing in the world is to set up a living model before a wife, and compel her to copy it. (10)
- The king is only, or he appears, tricksy because you compel him to wind and counterplot. (10)
- Think whether she is capable of sacrifice before you compel her to it. (10)
- Thus does the poor Savoyard compel a rich people to pay for their wealth. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for compel. Perhaps also see a sentence for constitutionally and ways to use condemned in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use compel in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.