Defended in a sample sentence. ESL students, teachers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use defended in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for defended.
- And in the sunlight, defended by the haughty shields of parasols, carriage after carriage went by. (8)
- Chump in the first resistance to the woman, but in the present stage their pride defended her. (10)
- Elton was in continual raptures, and defended it through every criticism. (4)
- He defended the men of the world. (10)
- He could have made either of these decisions, and defended them to himself; but in what he had done he had altogether shirked. (9)
- I asked her if she wished the suit defended, and a counter-suit brought against her husband. (8)
- I could have defended myself in case of need. (10)
- Others defended it; others yet denied that this rumored principle was really the principle. (9)
- Society was being attacked and defended. (10)
- That Sunday tyranny of yours has to be defended. (10)
- That gentleman faintly defended the stranger for the intrusion of the bumpkin tune. (10)
- The storming of the castle was very sincere, and the fortress was honestly defended. (9)
- We pray to be defended from her cleverness: she flashes bits of speech that catch men in their unguarded corner. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for defended. Perhaps also see a sentence for depth and ways to use deaths in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use defended in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.