Detached example sentences. English majors, professors, and people who just like words might especially like this page. The lines of text below use detached in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for detached.
- A certain democracy of looks and clothes was the most notable thing to March in the apathetic groups and detached figures. (9)
- Bingley and Jane were standing together, a little detached from the rest, and talked only to each other. (4)
- Detached from herself she watched, with contentment, her own calm and radiant beauty resume the armour it had for that moment put off. (8)
- Gyp detached his arms from her completely, sat down on an old oak chest, and motioned him to the window-seat. (8)
- He detached it and put it in his buttonhole. (8)
- He had armoured his face now in a slightly startled quizzicality, as though, himself detached, he were watching the adventure from a distance. (8)
- March and Miss Triscoe had so far detached themselves from each other that they could separate after one more formal expression of regret and forgiveness. (9)
- Not I, but a detached self allied to the careering universe and having life in it. (10)
- Only Fleur, still in her bridal dress, was detached from all support, flinging her words and glances to left and right. (8)
- She was glaring with a frown at her sister, and detached her eyes from her with an effort. (9)
- She wavered, as a stray floating thing detached from an eddy whirls and passes on the flood. (10)
- They were standing side by side before the picture, curiously observant and detached, exchanging short remarks and glances. (8)
- William and Fanny were the most detached. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for detached. Perhaps also see a sentence for defiantly and ways to use despicable in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use detached in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.