Detained sentence example. University students, professors, and readers might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use detained in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for detained.
- Bates; but I have been so pleasantly detained! (4)
- Corey, as if forced to the point, said bunglingly that the young ladies had wished to come with her, but had been detained. (9)
- Durgin detained him with a direct appeal. (9)
- He detained it, audaciously, even until she frowned with petulance and stamped her foot. (10)
- I am detained here by a man who seems to think my business of less importance than his pleasures. (10)
- I suppose the flower-pot business has detained him. (10)
- I would have detained her, but it was plain she suffered both in her heart and her pride. (10)
- It was done that her father might not be detained. (10)
- She lifted her eyes nervously: her hands were still detained. (10)
- What could have detained you? (10)
- Wilfrid drew out his watch; blamed the accident that had detained him, and remarked that there were not many minutes to witness against him. (10)
- Your cousin Edmund moves slowly; detained, perchance, by parish duties. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for detained. Perhaps also see a sentence for drill and ways to use detestable in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use detained in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.