Sentence with word devoid. English majors, people who enjoy word games, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially like this page. The lines of text below use devoid in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for devoid.
- And he was not devoid of style. (10)
- But she seems one born devoid of patience, easily made reckless. (10)
- Everything occurred according to his predictions, and he was entirely devoid of astonishment. (10)
- He is utterly devoid of a sense of propriety. (10)
- He terminated with this warning to a nation not devoid of superior merit. (10)
- Her heart was devoid of any emptiness or ache; she only felt how pleasant and cool and tranquil it was to lie there alone. (8)
- I advance, he withdraws, and again the bow, devoid of obsequiousness, majestically condescending. (10)
- I believe I may say I am not devoid of greatness of soul; for I did not recoil from this infamous burden. (2)
- It crowned a slight acclivity devoid of undergrowth and providing an unobstructed fire that would sweep the ground for an unknown distance in front. (1)
- Liberalism gave the heading cry, devoid of which parties are dogs without a scent, orators mere pump-handles. (10)
- She was indeed a figure suggestive of open air and generous living, endowed with abundant energy, and not devoid of humour. (8)
- The household rose and met at the breakfast-table, devoid of any dread of the morning newspapers. (10)
- We must suppose the pariah devoid of second-sight, and not purposely malicious in this act. (2)
- You thought me then devoid of every proper feeling, I am sure you did. (4)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for devoid. Perhaps also see a sentence for distraught and ways to use defiance in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use devoid in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.