Dogged example sentences. ESL students, teachers, and those taking online classes may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use dogged in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for dogged.
- Air-raids, also, had acted beneficially on a spirit congenitally cautious, and hardened a character already dogged. (8)
- And suddenly it flashed across him that Hughs had merely dogged her to see that she had no assignation with anybody. (8)
- Dan goes off, but turns up again as quiet and dogged as you please. (8)
- He maintained a dogged silence; Rozsi, too, said nothing, but when they reached the door, she drew her hand away. (8)
- He smiled at the dogged astuteness of a dense-headed old creature determined to establish a claim to his fee. (10)
- He went up with a dogged, white face. (8)
- His dogged instinct had fought against the knowledge as long as he could, and now that it was certain he fought against it still. (8)
- His remark, that they seemed hard and dogged, was not so unjust, she thought, smiling to think of the critic criticized. (10)
- I know her to be just one of those little dogged minds that are incapable of receiving new impressions. (10)
- No argument, no irony, no appeals, can long withstand the iteration of a dogged phrase. (10)
- Pericles dogged them assiduously. (10)
- The thought dogged him, wandering through fields bright with buttercups, where the little red calves were feeding, and the swallows flying high. (8)
- We are all dogged by the humour of following events when we start on a wind of passion. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for dogged. Perhaps also see a sentence for degradation and ways to use dock in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use dogged in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.