Elude in a sample sentence. ESL students, teachers, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use elude in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for elude.
- But does it not give the man a triumph that we should seem to try to elude him? (10)
- But they had proof of a love almost greater than it was previous to the offence, in the tender precautions they took to elude repulsion. (10)
- Durance, to elude the abominable word. (10)
- General Goodwin, followed by my father, came down and led me aside after I had warned Temple not to let my father elude him. (10)
- He can elude you; and will be acquitted by the general verdict. (10)
- He depended entirely on his agility to elude the thrusts that assailed him. (10)
- In any case he shall not elude my clutches for the present. (8)
- She would not let him elude her; and her stained cheeks and her trembling on his arm pleaded most pressingly and masteringly. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for elude. Perhaps also see a sentence for emphatically and ways to use elated in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use elude in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.