Sentence with word fain. College students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use fain in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for fain.
- Being travellers ourselves in a small way, we would fain have seen these other travellers alight. (2)
- But he was fain to admit it to be an eminently proper demand for enlightenment. (10)
- Feeling herself in the clutches of a gossip, she would fain have gone. (10)
- Further to quote from the same volume of The Book: There is pain in the surrendering of that we are fain to relinquish. (10)
- He would fain have run away. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for fain. Perhaps also see a sentence for forgotten and ways to use fame in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use fain in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.