Use the word firing in a sentence. ESL students, professors, and those who would like to gain additional insight into the meaning of words might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use firing in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for firing.
- A brisk renewal of the firing broke out and stray bullets came flitting and droning by. (1)
- As soon as the head of our straggling column had reached the spot a desultory firing had begun. (7)
- Doria was like firing paper-pellets against a stone wall. (10)
- He made a sign to the bugler, who sounded the command to cease firing. (1)
- I ventured to urge that the firing cease. (1)
- It was General Granger with two strong brigades of the reserve, moving soldier-like toward the sound of heavy firing. (7)
- No; the firing was a military execution; the condemned, a herd of galloping swine. (7)
- Our gallant enemy audaciously followed, and fortified himself within rifle-reach, where he remained for two weeks without firing a gun and was then destroyed. (7)
- Suddenly Romara knocked up the rifles of the couching Swiss; he yelled to the houses to stop firing. (10)
- The firing was lively, and of such a nature as to make one surmise that battle had been given. (10)
- The bank was a parapet, behind which the gunboats crouched, firing up the bayou as through an embrasure. (7)
- The guns had ceased firing, as though puzzled. (8)
- The procession of missiles no longer streamed into that defile of death, for the enemy also had ceased firing. (1)
- Was this new dodge of firing till the last second going to do them in? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for firing. Perhaps also see a sentence for fragrance and ways to use finger-ends in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use firing in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.