Sentences using the word formality. Students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use formality in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for formality.
- Algernon remonstrated against so needless a formality; but Anthony put the startling supposition to him, that he might die that night. (10)
- At the front are precision, formality, fixity, and silence. (1)
- Ferrars was a little, thin woman, upright, even to formality, in her figure, and serious, even to sourness, in her aspect. (4)
- I think that even then I had an instinctive doubt whether formlessness was really better than formality. (9)
- Its curt formality gave her satisfaction. (8)
- Society having rendered its verdict, there remained between Gilson and eternity only the decent formality of a trial. (1)
- Something, it seems to me, may be contained and kept alive in formality, but in formlessness everything spills and wastes away. (9)
- That is, for the length of five minutes; about the space of time I should require for the formality of handing her back her freedom. (10)
- The artillerist saluted slowly, gravely, and with extreme formality. (1)
- The respectful formality of the posture imperfectly concealed the irony of the question, but I was not of the kind to be easily silenced. (7)
- The sleeper seemed so apart from everything there, from all the formality and stiffness of the ward. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for formality. Perhaps also see a sentence for fine and ways to use followed in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use formality in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.