Sentences with furtive. ESL students, professors, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use furtive in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for furtive.
- A simultaneous furtive extinction of three pocket-handkerchiefs might have been noticed. (10)
- All that evening, furtive watching, formal talk, and underneath a ferment of doubt and fear and longing. (8)
- Another woman passed, giving her a furtive glance. (8)
- Anyone who had seen the look, cold and furtive, thus interchanged, might have been pardoned for not appreciating the real understanding between them. (8)
- He could feel, almost see, himself deteriorating already, with this furtive feeling in his soul. (8)
- He was otherwise reticent and even furtive in his manner. (9)
- Its expression was furtive; his mouth twitched; a furrow had come between his eyes. (8)
- She leaned back in her chair, and did not look up at Beaton after the first furtive glance, though she felt his eyes on her. (9)
- Something furtive, and so foreign, about him! (8)
- The furtive light from that creeping moon was getting hold of things down there, stealing in among the boughs of the trees. (8)
- The little model gave him a furtive glance. (8)
- The man gave her a look, furtive, yet so charged with intense penetrating curiosity that it seemed to let her suddenly into innumerable secrets. (8)
- To have this something to look forward to, however furtive and barren, helped. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for furtive. Perhaps also see a sentence for flogging and ways to use fur in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use furtive in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.