Use the word grate in a sentence. Those in an MBA program, teachers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially like this page. The lines of text below use grate in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for grate.
- An early cockchafer buzzed in the Japanese paper with which they had filled the grate, and one of the horses in the stable stamped restlessly. (8)
- And he, without a word, came in and stood by the hearth, looking down at the empty grate. (8)
- Below the top bars of a wizened grate was a chilly fire. (10)
- He passed through and heard the grate of the rings as the curtains were drawn behind him. (8)
- Hilary picked up the fragments of the flowers, and dropped them into the grate. (8)
- Shutters and curtains and the fireless grate gave the room an appalling likeness to the vaults. (10)
- Stretching out his thumb and finger, he nipped it suddenly and threw it in the grate. (8)
- The curtains of the bed were drawn close, and the fire in the grate burnt steadily. (10)
- The dining-room, full of shining light, and treated from the low-down grate, was a pleasant place. (9)
- The pieces fell into the grate. (8)
- The soft-coal fire in the grate purred and flickered; the drop-light cast a mellow radiance on her face. (9)
- Thereupon he maintained that the grate did not want scrubbing. (10)
- X Beaton lit his pipe when he found himself in his room, and sat down before the dull fire in his grate to think. (9)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for grate. Perhaps also see a sentence for grimace and ways to use ground in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use grate in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.