A sentence using the word infantry. College students, professors, and people who just like words may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use infantry in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for infantry.
- A young lieutenant of the thirtieth infantry regiment of the Pisa brigade took his place opposite, and we were soon engaged in conversation. (10)
- An entire company of infantry in wagons, with a mountain howitzer and several rounds of grapeshot, was hastened to their relief. (7)
- Her father was a gouty general of infantry in the diplomatic service, disinclined to unnecessary disputes, out of consideration for his vehement irritability when roused. (10)
- Here he found a half-company of infantry lounging behind a line of stacked rifles. (1)
- Hour after hour we watched that unceasing flow of infantry and artillery toward the rear of our army. (7)
- I was on the staff of Colonel McConnell, who commanded an infantry brigade in the absence of its regular commander. (7)
- Innumerable tiny smoke-puffs then preceded a fresh advance of infantry. (10)
- That night the entire Confederate army lay within a half mile of our road, while we all sneaked by, infantry, artillery, and trains. (7)
- The infantry rose in masses, springing into line. (7)
- The infantry soldier feels a confidence in this cumbrous arm quite unwarranted by its actual achievements in thinning out the opposition. (7)
- The yellow grass is beaten down by the feet of infantry. (1)
- They met detachments of soldiers everywhere, infantry, artillery, cavalry. (9)
- They were the exposed flanks of three lines of infantry, each half a mile in length. (7)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for infantry. Perhaps also see a sentence for intricate and ways to use india in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use infantry in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.