A sentence for the word knocking. ESL students, spelling bee organizers, and people looking to increase their knowledge of English might especially enjoy this webpage. The lines of text below use knocking in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for knocking.
- And it goes hard, too, with an accomplice, by law, added the farmer, knocking the ashes leisurely out of his pipe. (10)
- Asleep through all his knocking! (8)
- He was in a cage, always knocking against the same bars, fly as he might. (10)
- It was dark, and someone was knocking on her door. (8)
- Months he had wandered about the gates of the Bonnet, wondering, sighing, knocking at them, and getting neither admittance nor answer. (10)
- No good knocking off just yet! (8)
- Nobody said anything, but Misek crawled under the bed; we all followed; and the knocking grew louder and louder. (8)
- Nothing teaches a strong arm its impotence so much as knocking at empty air. (10)
- Only conceive Nevil Beauchamp knocking at doors late at night, the sturdy beggar of a vote! (10)
- She stood knocking at his door through a whole night. (10)
- The knocking does not cease. (8)
- Together they rushed at the door without knocking. (1)
- What could he expect when Life was all the time knocking with that muffled tapping at his door? (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for knocking. Perhaps also see a sentence for knighthood and ways to use knocked in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use knocking in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.