Knocks sentence example. Writers, word game players, and readers may enjoy the contents of this post. The lines of text below use knocks in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for knocks.
- By shutting a door, by withholding an answer to his knocks, the thing reduced him to hesitation. (10)
- He has only come three and twenty miles today; all nonsense; nothing ruins horses so much as rest; nothing knocks them up so soon. (4)
- He was here like an irritable traveller, who knocks at a gate, which makes as if it opens, without letting him in. (10)
- If all the world dined at one table, this philosophy would meet with some rude knocks. (2)
- No ridicule knocks the strength out of us so thoroughly as our own. (10)
- She knocks at the doors of the mind, and the mind must open to be interested in her. (10)
- The full awfulness of this decision one way or the other knocked at his mind with double knocks as of an angry postman. (8)
- The verdict knocks dust out of a cushion. (10)
- This knocks a blow at my heart and keeps it silent and only just beating. (10)
- We shall get some nasty knocks out there. (8)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for knocks. Perhaps also see a sentence for knoll and ways to use known in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use knocks in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.