How do you use lessen in a sentence. English majors, word game players, and people looking to increase their vocabulary might especially benefit from this page. The lines of text below use lessen in a sentence, and provide visitors a sentence for lessen.
- But the whole thing seemed to her more and more a calamity which nothing could lessen or smooth away. (8)
- But to understand this did not lessen her feeling. (8)
- He must be gone within a few hours, though without feeling any real alarm for his aunt, to lessen his repugnance. (4)
- His evils seemed to lessen, her own advantages to increase, their mutual good to outweigh every drawback. (4)
- Neither had anything occurred in the intelligence of their Lambton friends that could materially lessen its weight. (4)
- She tried to lessen that nightmare by remembering his opposition to her marriage, and the resentment she had felt. (8)
- She would certainly have risen to their blessings if she could, but she did not want to lessen theirs. (4)
- Your endeavours, my good young man, will lessen like those of the man who employed a spade to uproot a rock. (10)
Glad you visited this page with a sentence for lessen. Perhaps also see a sentence for levellier and ways to use leisure in a sentence. Now that you’ve seen how to use lessen in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.